Quinitus Jansen World of Dance SA Producer – Episode 15
Episode 15: Quintus Jansen World of Dance SA Producer
Quintus Jansen is a dancer and choreographer extraordinaire who is the founder of Dance Culture Studios and Creative Culture Productions. He has also performed on the international stage and has featured as a dancer and choreographer on TV shows such as 'So You Think You Can Dance SA', 'Strictly Come Dancing SA' and is also the producer of the South African franchise of the hit dance show 'World of Dance SA'.
Through his success in dance, Quintus is passionate about putting South African dance on the world map, to cultivate a greater appreciation for dance as a sport, but also to give back to under-privileged communities. He does this through his team's involvement in the incredible social enterprises Dance to be Wild and The Kindness Corporation.
Dance to be Wild is dedicated to:
- Empowering South African Children to take ownership of their wildlife heritage through the beauty of dance
- Enhancing social skills development and cohesion at grass roots level
- Providing an effective platform for South African and International dancers to contribute to the effective sustainability of our wildlife resources
- Making a significant and meaningful contribution towards anti-poaching initiatives in Africa
- Encouraging dance development programs for South African dancers
The Kindness Corporation non-profit organization with the aim of bringing aid and relief to those who need it most. They do this by assisting on a case by case basis within communities that are under served and under represented.
- "My philosophy is that I want to be happy in life. I believe if you are really good at something, you will get paid well for it. So I pursued dancing as a career and I was determined to be successful in it"
- "In the beginning when I studied overseas, I had to live from hand to mouth and be willing to do hard work to survive"
- One dance is equivalent to running an 800m race at Olympic level, and we typically do five dances in a row! In South Africa it's actually under an umbrella called Dance Sport South Africa and is under SASCOC so you can actually get… Click To Tweet
- In South Africa you have to be very versatile and be quite broad in your specialties to make a living with dance
- Luck favors the prepared, so always be prepared
- Get everything in writing and be at the forefront
- Initiate and instigate change so as not to fear it
- Think of yourself as a brand, and treat yourself as a business. Spend less than you earn. The more you learn, the more you earn Click To Tweet
- Be the best at what you do, carve your niche and dance is lucrative and sustainable because people need it
- Build a team and learn to let go, because together you are stronger. But remember that just because you delegated something, doesn't mean you abdicated responsibility for it. So clear, effective communication is key
- When you find success it is important to always give back where you can
- 90 Rules for Entrepreneurs by Marnus Broodryk
Thank you for taking the time to listen! I truly appreciate all the support. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the end of this post.
Also, kindly consider taking a minute to leave a review and rating for the podcast on iTunes as this helps others find my podcast. To leave a review, simply view my podcast in iTunes here, select 'Ratings and Reviews' and 'Write a Review'.