Danyaal Cloete is a young, up and coming entrepreneur from my home town, Cape Town. He is the founder of Next Level – a social media advertising agency that makes modern day adverts to help brands go to the next level.
Danyaal knew at a very young age already, that he wanted to be an entrepreneur. He talks about the resistance he initially faced from his parents when he wanted to pursue entrepreneurship. Danyaal and his company may be young, but his clear vision, great work ethic and professionalism has contributed to success most experienced entrepreneurs dream of achieving in such a short time. Here is the story of a young hustler and what he attributes to reaching the 6-figure milestone in his business.
- If you really want success, lots of sacrifices are going to need to be made. Click To Tweet
- Danyaal says to stay productive, “Every morning I write down my goals and the tasks I need to complete for the day”
- The toughest part about entrepreneurship is getting clients…key advice is to fill up your pipeline and work really hard at sales. Develop systems over time that will lead to scaling your company and getting more results.
- When starting out, don't focus on how old your business is, rather focus on the customer and what their problem is and what value you can bring and then sell that! Click To Tweet
- There will be dark and lonely days. Some days it’s really tough to stay motivated. Focus on one task at a time.
- Track how you spend your time and then cut out things that don’t add value to your business.
- LinkedIn is a very underutilized platform for getting new customers. But for Danyaal, cold calling has been the most powerful.
- Be careful of hiring too fast. Hire the right person for the job, don't hire just for the sake of hiring. Click To Tweet
- Be more grateful for the journey so far, to keep your head down, work hard, and persevere
- It’s going to be tough, it’s going to get to the point where you want to quite, but just past that barrier lies success!
Links and resources in this episode:
Thank you for taking the time to listen! I truly appreciate all the support. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see at the end of this post.
Also, kindly consider taking a minute to leave a review and rating for the podcast on iTunes as this helps others find my podcast. To leave a review, simply view my podcast in iTunes here, select 'Ratings and Reviews' and 'Write a Review'.
Opening jingle: Original composition produced by Bradley Peters
Theme music: 'Nice to you' by Vibe Tracks