Vikki Harry was born and raised on the Cape Flats, in Mitchell’s Plein, Cape Town. She currently lives in Norwood, Johannesburg with her husband and 2 beautiful daughters. In 2014, she took a leap of faith and left a 10+ year career in the corporate world to start her one company called Momsterbox. This is her story.
- When leaving the safety net of full time employment, make sure you have enough capital to run the business
- In good times save, and in bad times, use your savings to market yourself and your business Click To Tweet
- Be disciplined with your finances, invest your returns back into your business
- Surround yourself with people in the same space as you that will keep you motivated
- Know your worth
- Don’t let anyone tell you, you can’t so something, you have to prove to yourself that you can
- Tie your spirituality into your business
- Don’t say no when opportunity comes your way
Links and resources in this post:
- The Cape Town Party in Joburg
- Impact Theory with Tom Bilyeu
- Simon Senek: Start with Why
- Tim Ferris: 4 hour work week
Thank You for taking the time to listen! I truly appreciate all the support. If you enjoyed today’s show, please share it by using the social media buttons you see on the page.
Also, kindly consider taking the 60-seconds it takes to leave an honest review and rating for the podcast on iTunes and on Stitcher radio, they’re extremely helpful when it comes to the ranking of the show and I read every single one of them personally!
Lastly, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, to get automatic updates every time a new episode goes live or to the newsletter to receive notifications of a new episode straight to your email!
Opening jingle: Original composition produced by Bradley Peters
Theme music: 'Nice to you' by Vibe Tracks